There are two services in Western Sydney:
- Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS); and
- Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR);
Domestic Violence After-Hours Service (DVAHS)
Domestic Violence After-Hours Service (DVAHS) provides support to women and their children in Western Sydney who are experiencing or escaping Domestic and Family Violence.
The service is funded to prioritise work with;
- Women and any accompanying children who are in (or needing) temporary accommodation due to escaping Domestic and Family Violence
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
The DVAHS team provide personalised services through a case management process and often this support includes practical and/or emotional support. We offer access to information and can assist to make referrals to specialised services as needed.
Every individuals’ support needs are different. Below are just a few of the ways that the DVAHS team have provided support to people;
- Immediate access to emotional support and contact throughout the night if needed
- Support with knowledge of what services are available to women escaping or experiencing Domestic and Family Violence
- Provision of essentials such as food, clothing or personal items or other pressing needs such as medication
- Help with the establishment of, and relocation to a new home
- Assistance to access financial benefit including crisis payments
- Financial support to access temporary accommodation following immediate crisis.
You can contact Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS) directly (without a referral)
- by calling 02 9621 0888 (in business hours)
- by calling 0435 492 813 (after hours)
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- or use the Contact Us
This service is also available through formal referrals from:
- Link2Home – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 152 152. This is a free call from a landline
- Domestic Violence Line – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 656 463. This is a free call from a landline
- NSW Local Police
- Hospital Emergency Department.