Moving Out Moving On (MOMO) supports women with or without children in the City of Sydney who have/are experiencing Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
At MOMO, we understand the trauma DFV and/or homelessness can have on you and your family. To successfully reach your goals, we know you are likely to have a range of needs and we offer assistance for you to:
- Navigate and understand the different housing options available to you with the aim to secure long-term housing
- Increase your safety awareness and develop personalised safety strategies
- Access to information and referrals around Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVOs) and Family Law (we are unable to provide legal advice and will prefer you to an organisation that can)
- Access advice, advocacy and supported referrals to other services (such as counselling, financial, health services, parenting support, employment and education
- Understand the potential impacts of Domestic and Family Violence on you and your family
- Complete documentation for access to financial support or housing assistance
- has been or is a victim of domestic and family violence;
- has the capacity to sustain an accommodation tenancy;
- is homeless or at risk of homelessness and residing in or accessing services in the inner city of Sydney;
- wishes to transition into long term affordable accommodation outside of the inner city;
- agrees to participate in strength based case management support, which will include face to face contact and telephone contact.
MOMO’s hours and days of operations are Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am – 4:30pm.
Drop In Services
MOMO is a mobile service which is located in four different areas across the inner city of Sydney including:
- Surry Hills Community Centre
- Housing NSW Strawberry Hills
- Newtown Neighbourhood Centre
- Redfern Community Centre
MOMO prefers a referral from a supporting service but if that is not possible, please contact us direct.
Surry Hills Community Centre
Address: 405 Crown St, Surry Hills
MOMO services operate at this Centre on Tuesdays from 9.30am-4.30pm. Our team provide support to women via this centre with advice, advocacy and referrals to appropriate services. Additionally, we meet clients for pre-arranged appointments. In the future, we will be introducing workshops for women including, but not limited to: Budgeting; Rent it Keep it; self-esteem; and, life skills.
Redfern Community Centre
Address: 29-53 Hugo Street, Redfern
MOMO services operate at this Centre on Tuesdays from 1pm – 4.30pm. Our team provide support to women via this centre with advice, advocacy and referrals to appropriate services. Additionally, we meet clients for pre-arranged appointments.
Housing NSW (Sth East Sydney District)
Address: 219-249 Cleveland Street, Strawberry Hills
MOMO services operate at this Centre on Wednesdays from 1pm – 4.30pm. Our team provide support to women via this centre with advice, advocacy and referrals to appropriate services. Additionally, we meet clients for pre-arranged appointments.
Newtown Neighbourhood Centre
Address: 1 Bedford St, Newtown
MOMO services operate at this Centre for their weekly Hub on Thursdays between 1pm-4.30pm. Centrelink, Housing NSW, Oz Harvest and others also available to meet with clients at these sessions. One on one counselling is available during these times within the Centre’s confidential meeting rooms.