Why become a Friend of Sightlines?
DVSM is committed to ensuring that any materials it produces, any events it hosts, and information it shares is free and without cost barriers to people and communities who need it most.
Two key elements drive the priorities of our work.
- “67% of women sought support from a friend or family member more than other supports” (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Report (2018)) – How can we support people experiencing Domestic and Family Violence who may not now or ever reach out to services like us?
- ‘‘Social Responses’ are the most potent preventative force”(Dr Linda Coates) – How can we support social and service responders in understanding the complexities of Concepts of Safety from the lead, perspective, and voice of people experiencing abuse?
In order to develop these priority areas we need to work in new ways with new resources and supportive Friends of Sightlines.
Friends of Sightlines play an important role in our work
Sightlines has had the privilege of being supported by experienced professionals and content leads:
1. Karen Muggleton – Owner, People Alignment – Outsourced HR Services and Executive Coaching http://www.peoplealignment.com.au/
2. Naomi Abbott – Leadership Presence Coaching and Conversational Intelligence® Consulting – Communication Coaching http://consciouspresence.net.au/
3. Jessica Apfel – Corporate and Executive Coaching
4. Barbara Warren – Director, Dramatic Difference Training – Presentation Coaching
5. Rodney Vlais, Independent consultant, policy adviser and trainer in perpetrator interventions and perpetrator intervention systems – Advisory Support
If you provide a business or consultancy service that can enhance the quality and capacity of our work and you would like to offer your business or consultancy services on a probono basis please Contact Us.
With thanks from all the team and the communities we serve.