Why Donate to DVSM’s work?
DVSM is committed to ensuring that any materials it produces, any events it hosts, and information it shares is free and without cost barriers to people and communities who need it most.
Two key elements drive the priorities of our work.
- “67% of women sought support from a friend or family member more than other supports” (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Report (2018)) – How can we support people experiencing Domestic and Family Violence who may not now or ever reach out to services like us?
- ‘‘Social Responses’ are the most potent preventative force” (Dr Linda Coates) – How can we support social and service responders in understanding the complexities of Concepts of Safety from the lead, perspective, and voice of people experiencing abuse?
In order to develop these priority areas we need to work in new ways with new resources and supportive donors.
What difference can your donation make?
Being safe is no simple or single decision, or task. What we understand about Domestic and Family Violence informs how we respond, and our response can be immensely important.
Every dollar makes an important difference to how far and how deeply we can build more informed awareness of and improved responses to Domestic and Family Violence at scale. Your donation goes toward:
1. Supporting people experiencing DFV through reflective and supportive resources that can be explored independently and in a person’s own timing
2. Enabling opportunity for people to share their lived experience of Domestic and Family Violence in safe, ethical and supported ways through our Insight Exchange concept
3. Building capacity of social and service responders in their understanding of and responses to people who are experiencing/escaping Domestic and Family Violence
DVSM is a registered charity (ABN: 26-165-400-635), therefore all donations over $2 are tax deductible. A receipt will be emailed to you.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have about our work or about your donation.