Thankyou to every individual and organisation who has generously donated items for the people we support. Over time we have made the most of these donations to ensure they reach people who need them most.
We always work to uphold peoples dignity and choice, and because of this commitment have made a step to no longer accept donated items. Moving forward, we want all the people that we support to be in control of selecting the items they need.
Do you have items you want to donate to our services?
Your generosity is really important and for this reason we want to invite you to consider these two opportunities:
1. Donate your items to make a difference
If you already have items to donate we recommend you donate these to registered charities that can efficiently match items with what individuals want and when they need it.
Example initiatives like http://salvosstores.salvos.org.au/donate/clothing-and-goods/ or http://www.givit.org.au/. These organisations or not owned, connected to or endorsed by DVSM – simply examples amongst many which can be identified online.
DVSM cannot accept any responsibility for your selection or experience in donating items to other organisations.
2. Redirect or extend your donation into one or more of these areas
Looking ahead we would really welcome your support in building individual and community safety wellbeing.
The options below go a long way in making a difference and allowing people experiencing violence to lead us in understanding what they need most and how best to support:
- Make a monetary contribution – take a look at the initiatives you can support in this way
- Sponsor a key area of work – take a look at the initiatives you can Sponsor through the resources, influence, skills or in-kind opportunities you can contribute
- Become a Friend of Sightlines – take a look at what it means to be a Friend of Sightlines (DVSM’s Professional Services Division)
- Become a skilled volunteer – find out more about what volunteering might involve
- Contribute as a volunteer with lived experience of Domestic and Family Violence – explore what ways you can participate and contribute to supporting others.