Why Donate to DVSM’s work?
Two key elements drive the priorities of our work:
- “67% of women sought support from a friend or family member more than other supports” (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Report (2018)) – so how can we support people experiencing Domestic and Family Violence who may not now or ever reach out to services like us?
- ‘‘Social Responses’ are the most potent preventative force’ (Dr Linda Coates) – so how we support social and service responders to have more aware and informed responses to people who reach out and share their experience or seek support?
DVSM is committed to ensuring that any materials it produces, any events it hosts, and information it shares is free and without cost barriers to people and communities who need it most.
Being safe is no simple or single decision, or task. When we (any person responding to someone experiencing abuse) are ‘aware’ of Domestic and Family Violence but don’t have an informed understanding of it, our responses can be unhelpful and worse, harmful.
Our work through our website, and our initiative Insight Exchange and through every forum, project and initiative we engage in, seeks to build social and system awareness and understanding of domestic and family violence from the perspective and insights of people experiencing it.
What difference can your donation make?
Every dollar makes an important difference to how far and how deeply we can build more informed awareness of and improved responses to Domestic and Family Violence at scale.
Your donation goes toward:
- Taking information and opportunity to people in the context of where they are – redressing barriers to accessing information about options and by providing resources that can be used privately and in their own timing
- Build awareness and support resources to improve how society and services respond to people who are experiencing/escaping Domestic and Family Violence
- Supporting people to share their lived experience of Domestic and Family Violence in safe, ethical and supported ways through our Insight Exchange concept
- Hosting Creating Conversations Events, undertaking projects that build capacity in the service system and support the awareness and responses of communities.
DVSM is a registered charity (ABN: 26-165-400-635), therefore all donations over $2 are tax deductable. A receipt will be emailed to you.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have about our work or about your donation.
With thanks from all the team and the communities we serve.